Thursday, September 18, 2008

Happy 80th Birthday, Grandmama!


Yesterday was busy, unlike all my other days where I just sit around eating bon-bons, watching Oprah, so I didn't get around to posting anything. Seriously, I don't know how people keep daily blogs. I'm typing this one at the kitchen table with K1 doing homework and K2 'pretending' to do hers. K1 has a spelling test and a social studies test tomorrow, so if I accidentally type a word that has the 'ink' or 'ing' sound in it, please forgive me! I am trying to multi-task, but being a perfectionist keeps me from being very good at multi-tasking. I do better when focusing on the task at hand.

Anyway, my grandmother and her twin sister turned 80 years old yesterday...Happy Birthday, ladies! I talked to both of them on the phone and they both say they are starting to feel their age, but they sure don't look it! I really hope that I get some of those genes and that I look half as good as they do when I'm 80! Take a look for yourself...here's my grandmother...4 generations represented here!


I have to admit, I have not been good at calling my grandmother and keeping in touch through the years. It's to the point that if I call her, it alarms her and she assumes something must be wrong. We've never lived in the same town and I grew up only seeing her about once a year. I've called her twice in the last week and a half and she has seemed so thrilled when I call...like it has just made her day! I should have been making the effort long before now and I hope that I will continue to put forth the effort, be it phone call or card, just to let her know I'm thinking about her. By the way, have you called your loved ones lately?

No comments: