Thursday, October 2, 2008

A bribe or two come true...

I hate to admit it, but during one of our weaker moments during the months leading up to this move, we totally bribed the two older girls with 'new' bedrooms. Looking back now, there was no need, as they have made the adjustment with absolutely no problem. We just thought we would give them something to look forward to and be excited about. I have no regrets, however, because it has been fun for all of us setting up new rooms for them. At first, K1 was wanting to decorate her room with High School Musical. I told her that she would probably outgrow that very soon and be wanting something different. I made the suggestion of pink and black and she ran with it. She found a really cute comforter set at Target (my favorite store ever) that was reversible with pink/pink cheetah print on one side and black/white zebra print on the other. I was a bit turned off at first, especially by the zebra print, but once the room was all put together, it turned out really cute. We also bought her a new bed because her old queen took up much of the room. We bought her a twin loft bed with a desk under it...I must say it was a very wise decision and I'm sure we will get plenty of use out of it in the years to come! Her Daddy did all the painting and I think he did a GREAT job! He is getting to be a pro at painting stripes. Here are pics of K1's room...



(Yes, I know that you don't typically use a bedskirt with a bunk bed, but it came with the set and K1 liked it and it made her feel like she had a secret desk area...little does she know that I find her youngest sister meddling with her things in her secret desk area nearly everyday while she is at school...heehee!)


K2 wanted to do a Hannah Montana room. At first I was going to discourage it, but she's so young, that I'm thinking she'll get plenty of use out of it. The funny thing is, I think she likes the color scheme of all the Hannah Montana stuff as much as she likes the Hannah Montana part! She actually helped come up with the paint colors and design in her room. Again, her Daddy did all the painting and it turned our GREAT, as well! Here are pics of K2's room...



K3 didn't get a 'new' room because her bedding is fairly new and we didn't feel the need to bribe her. Ha!!! I did want to post a few pics of her room, though, because I wouldn't want to leave her out and she enjoyed posing on her bed for me. Her room still needs to be painted and she reminds us of that quite often. We're still a bit undecided on what color to paint her room, but I'm sure we'll get it done soon. Here are pics of K3's room...



I'll post new pics of K3's room once it is all painted!

2 comments:

Grandmama said...

The girls' rooms are AWESOME...but, of course, the girls are MORE AWESOME!!! They are SO ADORABLE...growing up and changing so much...OH, I MISS THEM SO!!!

Sammi said...

Their rooms look so cool! Miss you guys tons but glad we can keep up via blog world! Hope K2 had a great birthday!